Preserving and Healing our Heart may be a uniquely different process for each person, however, the main purpose is to give personal meditative attention in better sensing our heart’s inner messages, in order to restore a flow of loving energy in our lives and achieve overall energetic balance. The human heart is an energy harmonizer, and naturally restores balance throughout the bodily systems when we learn how to balance the feeling sensations of the heart with the belief systems of the mind. Sensing our heart means that we are paying attention to our inner feelings, emotions, and needs while sensing the natural rhythms and discovering the deeper dimensions of our multidimensional heart. When our heart has been closed it is usually the result of previous trauma and pain that we had suffered during childhood and carried as miasmatic imprints that were unresolved from other lifetimes. In order to open our heart, we will need to be willing to face any buried and unresolved pain, facing the shadows we carry, which may include emotions like sadness, grief and despair.
As mentioned, when we begin to crack through the energetic barrier that was surrounding our pericardium and heart, we will feel the emotional depth of our soul wounds, the betrayals, the abandonment and the pain. This is the quintessential Dark Night of the Soul. However, it is important to remember when you are undergoing this difficult stage of healing the heart, that you are surfacing all that has been unspoken and unheard to be witnessed, and that out of these powerful feelings and deep-seated grief will come a spiritual strength and renewal that will be worth it all. Practicing Compassion for self and forgiveness of others, working on feelings of Empathy, are ways of developing heart-based qualities that help us work through powerful and intense emotions. These are the beginning stages of intending to spiritually heal and open up our hearts on the earth. We can discover self-acceptance and find joy, feel reverence for and take pleasure in the simplest things in life.
Here are some factors to support creating a peaceful oasis for ourselves even when exposed to the forces of chaos during the planetary shift.
- Address mental noise: Excessive mental chatter, negative self-talk and playing out archetypes of drama, generates imbalances throughout our body and places energy blocks around the heart. In order to regain energetic balance within all of the main four bodily systems, we must be able to sit quietly and still our mind. This begins with learning about the Negative Ego and learning how to control impulses and quiet the mind, through Meditation or breathwork. To heal and open our sacred heart we must clear negative ego, reduce mental noise and outer distractions. (See Where Can I Start?)
- Forgiveness: To clear out the pericardium shield and related energy blockages from around our heart complex, many times we will need to forgive ourselves and others. To forgive another person or circumstance is the most generous thing we can do for ourselves. When we forgive others for perceived transgressions it frees us from the bonds, entanglements and cords which manifest painful patterns such as judgments, resentments, and anger.
- Letting go: For many people that undergo deeply shocking or hard emotional challenges, such as ending relationships, this can give rise to deep negative emotions like anger, resentments and bitterness that block us from moving forward in life. The pain of such events can make us suffer from a broken heart, which has both physical and energetic impacts to closing down our heart. If we can look at life as many lessons in which we are learning to become spiritually whole, the sensation of a broken heart provides the opportunity to explore more of the dimensions of our inner selves. By being present in the moment and surrendering to the now, judgments and future expectations of others are completely dissolved. Let it all go.
- Discernment: If we act recklessly by making quick and careless decisions based on lower impulses, this interferes with good decision making by impairing our discernment. One must grow in Spiritual Maturity to be able to discern what is in alignment for them personally, without judgment and without concern for what others may think of your choices. As you allow yourself to be who you really are as an embodiment of soul purposed truth, you will allow others to be exactly who they need to be.
- Take inventory: When we are feeling unhappy about the current conditions in our lives, it is time to restore energetic balance by taking inventory. What are you doing in your life now that brings you meaningful connection, fulfillment and feelings of joy in the moment? If we look to others to give us permission, or rely on relationships or external events in order to experience love and happiness, this sets us up to fail. When we focus only on the external to make us happy, this is based on temporary conditions, thus, we are distracting ourselves from hearing the real messages that come from inside our hearts.
- Create Priorities: Once we have taken inventory and listened to our heart for more clarity on what generates meaningful connections and increased loving feelings, we will want to apply our new found awareness to co-create a healthier lifestyle and more balanced relationships. If we are too serious and in work mode too much of the time, without playfulness and humor, this also generates imbalances which shut down our heart. We must re-evaluate our commitments in life to reduce stress and seek to remove any areas where obligations or negative interactions are no longer supporting a more natural flow in our life.
When we are in energetic balance with ourselves, we are in balance with our spiritual self, our heart and we cease to have great personal turmoil or suffering. This is the path to becoming increasingly healthy and peaceful.
It is only possible to engage with Emotional Healing once we have achieved greater levels of Self Awareness, which is the fruit of dedicated self-inquiry. The process of becoming aware of our Emotional Triggers and sourcing the real cause of emotional pain is made through self-observation and increased self-awareness. Through dedicated observation of the self and gradually discerning between these functioning aspects of the mind, one can attain the direct experience of the Consciousness they are. The still point, through which this consciousness connects into the parts of our mind, is what forms all of our thoughts, emotions, and experiences that direct us through life. Through observation and self-inquiry, we become aware of the contents of our psychological and emotional patterns of behavior.
(Source: Ascension Glossary - Healing our Heart)